Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Have I Mentioned I LOVE Fall???


I love this time of year and all that is harvested from the earth! I got a bug in me the other day to go to a local farmers market and get some peaches and tomatoes to can. I don't know what it is, but I always feel so good after getting some stuff canned. Yes, the Prophet has asked us to have some food storage, but it's not only because of his counsel that I do this. It's just so fulfilling to look at all you've done when you're finished and see your cupboards full of food.. Mom helped me do the peaches (thanks SO much Mom..) and I did the tomatoes yesterday. My house is a mess after spending the last two days canning so today I have my work cut out for me around the house!!! I challenge you all to go to a local place this weekend and so some canning!! You'll feel so good when you're done!

6 comments:

Cami said...

good for you Jen! I love canning, too! I did tomatoes and jam this year. Never done peaches yet, but I should. I am sure I will be doing some more tomatoes as more of them ripen on the vine.

Anne Marie said...

Wow, good job! I think canning is fun, but only if my mom is right there the whole time to supervise/do everything for me. I'm too scared to try it on my own.

The Andersons said...

That really makes me jealous. I have great memories of doing that kind of stuff when we were little. How fun, canning..

Tara said...

I have never canned in my life, no idea how. I would LOVE to learn though! The jars look beautiful as well as yummy!

Jenna said...

I'm in the middle of some pears and peaches right now. Man, it is slow going when you're doing it by yourself, but I love the finished product!

Sarah Empey said...

Good on ya, chick! That's always my dream is to can things. I don't have the foggiest idea where to start, but I should just bite the bullet and do it.
Look at your pretty maids all in a row!

Blog Archive