Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's Official, The Trail Is Open!!!


Last Thursday night Madi, Jackson, and I met Gary in Lindon for the ribbon cutting ceremony for the Lindon Trail Gary has been working on all summer! Gary designed the trail and over saw pretty much everything with the construction of this trail. It was great to be there and listen to people talk about how much they liked the trail and how great it looks! I just stood behind the scenes and smiled thinking to myself how smart my husband is and how great he is at his job! This past summer has been hard for us, but probably harder on Gary with all the really long hours he spent over seeing everything, but those hours paid off and it looks great! Good job Gary on a job well done! You are so wonderful and you should be proud of yourself! Love you!

This is the ceremony they did before the ribbon cutting ceremony.. I was frustrated because I really wanted to hear what was being said, but Jackson was being fidgety and a little noisy so we had to walk away. I didn't want to interrupt what was being said.

Here they are, cutting the ribbon. I think the men are part of the city council members and the Mayor. The girls are the Lindon "royalty"..

Here is Gary, Madi, Jackson, and Craig (one of Gary's co-workers) walking through the tunnel that goes under State Street in Lindon.

Again, good job sweety!! You did a great job!

1 comment:

Tara said...

That is AWESOME! I can really appreciate this post. I have often felt proud about very similar things my dad would do growing up. I love civil engineers! right now my dad is overseeing all the levees (sp?) in CA. Especially when it's something like trails, levees, or other public places that benefit other's lives, I feel super proud. I know A LOT goes into this kind of project, it's beautiful! Keep up the good work!

Blog Archive