Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hogle Zoo Trip...

About a week ago Gary took a day off from work to go duck hunting. I told him I didn't mind as long as he got back in time to go to the zoo. We met up with my sister Kristen and her kids. It was a perfect day.. It was in the 60s and there was hardly anyone there. Here are a couple pictures.. I didn't get very many good pictures this trip, oh well.. Better luck next time.

It seems the zoo has been bragging for a couple years about their white aligator.. We got to see that. I felt bad for it, it looked pretty lonely.

Huge elephants!! Pretty cool.

Here is the cougar we saw. It was cute, my nephew, Max kept saying, "BYU cougar, BYU cougar." His Daddy would be so proud.

Gary and I thought this ladder was a little disturbing.. We knew it had to be there, right by the bears, for a reason.. Kinda scary. If you can't make out what it says, it says "emergency ladder"...

Jackson checkin' out the zebras. Jackson had a pretty good view of all the animals we saw.. He loves that backpack!! I carried him around for a bit, but after awhile I handed him over to Gary. Thanks Gary for carrying him most of the day.

I have always like giraffes! They are such pretty animals!

Madi and Gracie checking out the map of the zoo. Gracie was especially interested in the map. She made sure we went the right way and saw the coolest animals.

Here's a video of Madi, Jack, and Max chasing a cheetah.. Pay close attention to Gracie.. She is still very concerned about that map of hers!! Very funny!

Photo opt. in front of the Gorilla!

This was apparently a pretty cool rino to crawl up on. All the kids wanted to crawl up and hold on to the ears.. Great smile Madi!!!!


Thanks Bryan for the tickets!! That was so kind of you to think of us and share them with us!! Thanks Kristen, Jack, Grace, & Max for coming with us too! It's always fun to have you around.

4 comments:

Cami said...

So fun! I love the zoo! You went at exactly the right time too... when it isn't crowded or hot. I have never gone in the winter though, even thought they are open. Should try that some time. Glad you had fun! The video is cute.

Also... thank you for the thank you on my blog about choir!! You brought a smile to my face. No worries about not being there either. We definitely miss your sweet soprano voice when you're not there, though! :) Also, just so you know, if you ever needed to, you can bring your cute kids!

Dave Anderson said...

Ha Ha Ha...Gracie cracks me up in that video. I think she's going to be a famous explorer someday. :)

amy anderson said...

Those are some cute pictures! I love the video of the kids running back and forth. It looks like they were having a great time!

Kim said...

Cute, cute, cute! We were just there this week...Fall is THE time to go. You take some amazing pictures, my friend! Those nature shots on the next post...what in the heck kind of awesome camera do you have??! So happy to be in touch with you. :)

Blog Archive