Monday, October 27, 2008

The North Logan Pumpkin Walk.

After hunting and dinner we headed up to North Logan to the Pumpkin Walk. Gary and I went to this when we were in school and loved it. I knew Madi would enjoy this and have been wanting to take her up there for the past couple years, but we never made it. I was so happy it worked out this year. Here are some of the pumpkin walk scenes we liked the best.

Madi was excited when she saw Kung Fu Panda and The Incredibles..


This scene has a great story behind it. There is this guy that lives in Logan named Brent AKA "the wavey guy". Brent is the sweetest person who always has a smile on his face. He has special needs and can't drive so he gets around on his bicycle. When you see him riding around town he obviously gets to where he is going, but the whole way there he is smiling and waving at everyone he sees. I never talked to him, but whenever I saw him I would wave from my car and I was lucky to have him wave at me and smile at me back. He is just a part of Logan and adds so much to the community. For some reason he has a way of bring everyone together. He is well know and liked by all the students at USU. He has such a sweet spirit about him.

This next one was pretty elaborate. The theme was "My Hero" and had pumpkin kids around the pond fishing with their Dads. We were impressed with the little waterfall in the middle.

Cinderella was even in attendance tonight!! Madi was so excited!
Jackson slept in the stroller most of the time, but eventually woke up. His little cheeks we especially rosy tonight after being out in the sun all day.

Okay, last, but not least... Here is my favorite scene for the night. I couldn't capture it all in a picture so I took a video.. Keep in mind that all of these are pumpkins.. All the animals & people.

Here is a family photo we took right before we left. It was a pretty chilly night, but that just makes the experience that much better! You've got to love those cold nights Cache Valley has!!


After the Pumpkin Walk we drove around and found ourselves up on the USU campus. The "A" on Old Main was blue because it was homecoming weekend. I was sad we didn't get there earlier when it was still light. Apparently my camera doesn't do so hot in the dark, go figure..

After being up on campus we realized both the kids were asleep in the back so we headed back to the hotel for the night. We had all had a long day and were very tired.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Cool place! That is crazy about the pumpkins, I have never seen a display like that before!

everyday katie said...

That's a trip down memory lane. I LOVE Logan and have fun memories of the pumpkin walk.

Juannaelmi said...

We love the pumpkin walk!! We never made it up with Nate when he was old enough to remember it. Good times!

Rach said...

That made me miss Logan..I loved the pumpkin walk but I had forgotten about it..Good times!

Blog Archive