The first one we fould was a coin cache... Madi took a Sacagawea $1 Coin (I so had to Google the spelling for that!!) and she left 2 Cabela coins that are good for one round of shooting at Cabela's. This cache was hidden behind the guard rail..


The other caches were hidden under rocks or under a tree.. Here's Madi searching under some rocks for the second one.

She got a bookmark and a little Tinkerbell toy. She replaced these items with some camo bouncy balls..
Jackson had fun sitting in the stroller watching all the commotion.. At first anyways.

These next pictures are for my Sister, Amy... We both have admitted that we think pictures of crying babies are kindof funny and cute. Here is Jackson after waiting too long for Madi and Gary....



The leaves were turning and were so pretty.. Casey, of course, was in the water pretty much the whole time. He would get in, swim, get out to shake on us, and then get back in the water..

Where we were on the trail we had a great view of Mount Timpanogos. I loved seeing the snow on the very top and then the colorful leaves right below the snow.. I really wish I had a really nice camera to get this shot!! The picture doesn't do it justice!

Here is a fuzzy catapillar Madi found along the trail. She was pretty excited. Good eye Madi for spotting that little guy!

The trail was pretty baren, but I managed to spot a couple flowers that were still hangin' on to life..


I liked this last picture because it's a picture of Fragmity.. Gary doesn't like fragmity very much because it's kind of like a weed and it's growing into a lot of wetlands and lakes.. I thought this was a nice picture and captured some beauty the plant has that people often overlook.. It seems that the natural man often does this, overlooks something that's in our way or a pain.. It just goes to show that there is beauty in everything, we just have to look at a different angle or close up..
6 comments:
Great pictures, Jen! Wow! You should be a photographer. You guys always do such fun outdoorsy stuff with your kids. I love it. I have never even heard of the cache thingy. I will have to pick your brain on that one because it sounds like a lot of fun.
That sounds fun! I've never heard of it before... Do you have to be part of a group to do it?
Those pictures of Jackson are so cute! They made me laugh!! :) Thanks for posting them. You always take really neat pictures of flowers. I think the clouds behind the very last one look cool.
Uh, those pictures are...wow! You think you know someone and then you find out that they have an amazing talent that you knew nothing about! I really love the pic of the leaf with Casey in the background. It's so cool! I've heard of geocaching but never really knew what it was. Sounds like fun!
This sounds like losts of fun and perfect daddy-daughter activity. I love the photos of Jackson, makes me just want to hug him! He is getting so big!
I LOVE Jackson's pictures. LOVE THEM!!! I think your camera is doing a great job of taking pictures, they turn out better than mine! :) Are you going to Jen's boutique? I only made a few bookmarks for it, they are on a table right in front as you walk in. Let me know what you think if you do stop by. :)
Ok, Jen. I have been wanting to do this geo caching thing for a while now. If Gary knows how, maybe we could hook up and go before the weather gets too bad. By the way, you do take some great pictures!
Post a Comment