Sunday, October 5, 2008

Look What I found..

A couple weeks ago I went to the General Relief Society Women's Conference. It was great to go and listen to our leaders and Apostles speak to us! I really felt an urgency to really try and read the scriptures. It was thrown in my face more than before that I had such a huge responsibility to bring the spirit into our home and keep it there. Well, I knew I needed to be better and reading the scriptures. I am a person who needs to SEE progress. I went online to get one of those BOM reading charts, ya know, the ones you get when you're in YW or YM. I wanted one of those charts so I could mark off the chapters after I had read them. Well, I stumbled upon a website that will email you a chapter a day. Wow, this has been perfect for me. I check my email periodically throughout the day so I knew I could do this. I signed up and haven't missed reading a chapter a day since. I hate having things in my inbox and I don't delete the email until I have completed my days reading they had emailed me.. I don't know if this interests anyone, but It's been great for me! Just thought I'd give you the website in case you're interested!! Talk to you later!

http://www.readthescriptures.com/

4 comments:

Alisa said...

This is a great idea. After conference, JJ and I also recommitted to our scripture study. We do pretty well, like mayb 80%, which means it shouldn't be too hard to bump up to 100 right? I also teach Gospel Doctrine in our ward so I HAVE to read at least every other week :-)

PS. I LOVE your blog.

Alicia said...

I signed up! Thanks for sharing!

. said...

Fantastic!!! I love this idea too. I don't like being on the computer but I do check my email daily so I think this will work well for me. Thanks for the tip.

chrissy said...

I'm a friend of Mary's. I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog! Anyways, I loved this idea! I just signed up for a chapter a day and also an article a day from the Ensign. Thanks for the link!

Blog Archive